Pen Down your Goals. I will tell you why ?
Writing down goals are very important because written goals programs our subconscious mind. Thus we do not miss our targets and achieve our goals faster. Writing down our goals helps us in doing proper planning so that we can go through it again and again and live in it.
1) Set goals which you really want and not something which makes others happy or sounds good - Set goals which you desire to achieve from the bottom of your heart, then only you will be successful in your endeavor. If you do something which just sounds good and does not interests you, you will not find time to complete that goal. Be specific as to what you want and how you desire to achieve it. When you set goals which you want you will put your heart and soul in to it. Thus when faced with failures you will stick with your goal and ride over troubled waters.
For example i wanted to be a soft skills trainer but if i tried to get into hard skills like PHP training it would be difficult for me to manage as i have very less knowledge of that field and i will not be successful in that field however hard i try to learn PHP. The problem is i do not like it, if i had passion for learning PHP and getting into PHP training i would have been successful in learning the ins and outs of the language but i don’t love it so it will be difficult for me to adjust.
When we do something which we desire we will be successful in that field.
2) Write your goals in positive rather than negative - Put your goals in writing in positive rather than negative. Positive goals motivates and helps us in moving and planning further. Positive written goals attracts positive thoughts and attracts all the positive aspects of life towards us. Writing goals like “ I want to do studies rather than playing with video games when back from school “ rather than i don’t want to play video games when back from school. Negative statements and negative words distracts our mind and we think in negative frame of mind.
3) Write your goals down in complete detail - Write complete details of what you want to accomplish and the exact time period you have set to achieve a particular goal. Writing our goals in details helps us in knowing the exact intricacies of the particular goal. We are aware of the drawbacks and hence prepared to face the situation. For example i am planning to buy a car which costs 10 lacs then i have to plan how much money to save per month so that i can buy a car. How much money will be financed by the bank and how much i have to pay. For what time period i will be taking the loan and how much money i have to pay each month as loan. Does it fits my budget or not. Thus when i get into the details i can plan better and achieve my goal successfully.
4) Set high Goals - Set high goals. setting high goals opens our mind and we work harder to achieve something which we have set out of our comfort zone. When we set goals which are small and in our limits we will not stretch ourselves and know our true potential. It is when we set high goals that we understand our potential and try to achieve it. It is very correctly said that when we aim for the moon we will at least reach the stars. Thus in any way setting high goals are always beneficial and works in our favour. Like weak desires brings weak results, strong desires brings good results. Thus when we set high goals we will have a strong desire to be successful.
5) Write down your goals - When you have written down your goals you create a road map in your mind. You know which way to go so that you move a step closer to your goals. Climbing one step at a time will move us closer to our goals. When we take a step everyday towards our goal we will reach success. Writing our goals on paper helps us in planning better and we know the important tasks to be accomplished. Written goals are always better than goals which hang around in our mind. we tend to forget it and when we have 100’s of goal to achieve we get lost and hence land up no where and find us doing something which we have been dong all along. If we do something which we have been doing all along we will get same results, it is only when we do something different that we can expect a different result.